In the article you will find ways, secrets, tips and recipes for making delicious milk rice porridge.
How to cook rice milk porridge: cooking rules, how much milk to take?
Before cooking porridge, each housewife should clearly remember all the ratios of ingredients: cereals and liquids. This will help to prepare the perfect milk dish, which will not be too thick and too thin. Remember that rice tends to swell and increase in size during cooking, which means that there should be twice as much water or milk!
IMPORTANT: If you cook everything 1 cup rice, then the amount of milk or water should be exactly - 0.5 liter (these are two full glasses). If you cook a milk dish on condensed milk, then you take water too 0.5 liter and dissolve in it a few tablespoons condensed milk.
The process of cooking a dairy dish can take from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on which rice you use and on what fire you cook (large or small). Rice is best cooked under a lid so that it is steamed in a saucepan and do not forget to often stir the dish so that it does not have the ability to stick and burn to the bottom.
TIP: Do not add sugar to the porridge during cooking, you risk overdoing it. It’s best to add sugar to your finished dish. And if you cook on condensed milk, you don’t need to add sugar at all, the porridge will already be sweet!
Rice porridge with milk: a classic recipeClassic rice porridge in milk
If you need a quick and healthy breakfast, rice porridge with milk is what you need! There is no one indifferent to this dish, and anyone can adjust it to their taste by adding oil, jam, condensed milk, nuts, fruits or berries, cocoa or chocolate and so on!
What to prepare from the products:
- Rice groats - 1 tbsp. (it is important for this dish to prepare rice not steamed and round)
- Milk (or dissolved condensed milk) - 2 tbsp. (this is 0.5 liters, if you cook with condensed milk - do not add sugar)
- Sugar - several 1.5 tbsp (if you consider it necessary, love sweet porridge)
- Salt - at your discretion (a little, about 1/4 teaspoon)
- A piece of butter at the end of cooking - 30 grams
TIP: Salt in sweet rice porridge is the secret to enhancing the taste. You should add quite a bit - 1, 2 pinches, no more! If you wish, you can also improve the taste of the dish by adding cinnamon or vanilla.
How to cook rice porridge with milk:
- Rice must be washed and soaked for half an hour, then carefully drain the water.
- Pour the cereal with milk and put on the fire, stirring continuously.
- First, cook over high heat, then reduce it to a minimum, because milk tends to "run away" after boiling, which means you risk spoiling the porridge without even adding it.
- It is not necessary to close the pan with a lid so that the boiling foam does not tear out; stir rice regularly during cooking.
- Salt and sugar can be added a couple of minutes before the end of cooking or already directly in the finished dish.
- Also, in a hot porridge, put oil at the end of cooking before serving.
IMPORTANT: The dish has excellent taste, both hot and cold!
Recipe for boiled milk rice porridge in a slow cooker
The slow cooker is perfect for preparing this dish. You can cook it in the "rice", "milk" or just "cooking" mode.
TIP: Do not cook a lot of porridge in the slow cooker at once, as during cooking the contents may simply break out from under the cover of the slow cooker.
How to cook rice milk porridge:
- Rice groats 0.5 cups, rinse and if possible, soak for half an hour
- Pour rice into a bowl and pour milk exactly two times more than cereals - it's 1 cup
- Cooking should last no more than 15 minutes
- Then turn off the multicooker and leave rice for 5-7 minutes under the closed lid (to swell).
- Sugar 1 teaspoon, oil 15-20 grams and a pinch of salt on the tip of the knife can be added to the porridge when serving or while the porridge is infused.
Pumpkin milk rice: recipe
Sweet and fragrant pumpkin pulp goes well with rice tenderness. Together they give a very pleasant and fresh taste. Surprisingly, pumpkin enhances the sweetness of porridge and therefore sugar can be completely omitted (this is especially true for those who are losing weight).
What to prepare from the products:
- Rice, round grits - 1 tbsp. (for 2-3 servings)
- Milk or dissolved condensed milk - 0.6 liters (sugar optional)
- Pumpkin Pulp - 100 gr. (peeled)
- A piece of oil 5 grams per serving
- Salt - 1-2 pinches
How to cook milk rice with pumpkin:
- Rice is soaked for 30-40 minutes and rinsed liberally before cooking
- Then it is poured with milk and put on the stove
- The pulp of the pumpkin should be finely grated on a small grater and the chips added to the pan with rice and milk.
- Cooking must be at minimum heat
- Also do not forget to regularly, it is better to stir the dish continuously while it is cooking
- Sugar and salt can be added a couple of minutes before the end of cooking
- After turning off the heat, cover the saucepan with a lid and let the porridge stand (steam) for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam
Rice milk porridge with dried fruits, nuts: recipe
Dried fruits are perfectly combined with sweet milk rice porridge. Moreover, if you do not add sugar, they will perfectly complement the taste of the dish. You can add absolutely any dried fruit: dried berries, raisins, dried apricots, prunes and so on.
IMPORTANT: Before adding dried fruits to porridge, they should be kept in boiling water for a couple of minutes! Be sure to drain the water in which the dried fruits were kept!
How to cook milk porridge with dried fruits:
- Rinse and soak for half an hour rice 1 cup
- Pour it in a saucepan with milk 2 cups and put to boil
- Milk porridge should be boiled for at least 10 minutes
- Steamed dried fruits, chop 1 cup finely and add to the saucepan, 10 minutes after boiling the porridge and cook for another 5 minutes.
- If you want to salt with 2 pinches of salt or sweeten 1.5 tbsp. spoons of sugar, then this should be done before the end of cooking, before turning off the heat.
- After boiling, thoroughly mix the milk dish again and only then close the saucepan, allowing rice and porridge to brew to cook until the end.
- Serve with a slice of butter 20 g per serving and chopped nuts
Sweet Rice Milk Soup: Recipe
Milk rice soup differs from porridge only in consistency. It is slightly thinner than classic cereal, but is also served with butter and any other additives in the form of dried fruits, nuts, jams, etc.
How to cook sweet milk soup:
- Rinse and soak rice - 1 tbsp. (for 3 servings)
- Pour milk over it (0.75 liters is 3 cups.) And put it on a small fire.
- Cook soup for about 20 minutes
- Sugar 2 tbsp. tablespoons and salt 0.5 tsp add as desired a couple of minutes before the end of cooking (you can also add dried fruits)
- Hold the dish under the lid for another 5 minutes
- Serve the soup hot or warm, with a slice of 20 g butter
- If desired, 50 g butter can be added to the whole soup in a saucepan after turning off the fire.