This material analyzes the poem "Blessed is the embittered poet."
In the work of each writer, there are a number of works in which important social, political and moral issues are raised. The diverse views of the authors are reflected in the literature in the form of polemic disputes.
In the 19th century, several literary trends were designated. Gogol and Pushkin had a special influence on the development of Russian society. The ideologically correct poet Nekrasov maintained a neutral position. The lack of unity in relations between members of the well-known editorial "Sovremennik" prompted the writer to write a poem "Blessed is the kindly poet."
"Blessed is the embittered poet" - analysis and history of writing
The main content of the verse is devoted to disputes about literary genres. Nekrasov focuses on the importance of a clear citizenship among the poet, which allows using the literary works to change the world for the better.
- Ya. P. Polonsky actively reacted to changes in literary circles. At the time of a clear division of interests, the author collaborated with representatives of opposing views, worked simultaneously in several editions. I tried to meet the demands of that time with my works.
- Polonsky was closer to the theme of love, the so-called "pure art". The author perfectly understood the importance of works on revolutionary and journalistic topics, because they fully reflected the mood of that time. In his understanding, a literary figure is "the nerve of a great people." But he still considered it necessary to enter into a literary debate with the poet Nekrasov.
- Polonsky writes the poem "Blessed is the embittered poet," in which he emphasizes the bitterness of democratic poetry. This work reflects the conflicting views of the writer. On the one hand, he shows his sympathy for Nekrasov poetry, on the other, his envious emotions are visible.
- A phrase was written in his diary that revealed the author’s attitude to one of the directions in poetry. Polonsky expressed his involuntary aversion to poems with political content. The most sincere works of public subjects were compared by the author with deceitful and not quite true politics. Nekrasov, analyzing the work of Polonsky, described him as a pleasant and noble person.
Polonsky did not devote entirely to any literary movement. His works were less important than the works of contemporaries of that time. The success of Polonsky was very changeable. Critics expressed a very opposite opinion about his work. His poetry was shrouded in a certain mystery and mystery. The questions raised in some poems are left without understanding and answer.
In the work "Blessed is the Embittered Poet," the author tried to express the general attitude of readers towards great poets:
- His involuntary cry is our cry.
- His vices are ours, ours!
- He drinks with us from a common cup,
- How we are poisoned - and great.
This statement emphasized the manifestation of the responsiveness of Polonsky. He expressed his sincere desire to respond to social events. In matters relating to the human person, the author never remained aloof. In the words of the author, even not very significant objects are inspired and require sympathy. His swift and excited responses introduced negligence in the author's manner of writing and gave the work lethargy. These flaws were more than overlapped by Polonsky's human qualities.
- The poetic form of the work "Blessed is the embittered poet" has folklore motifs. In order to attract the attention of the reader and to reveal the topic in more detail, the author uses a large number of artistic means. The epithets used increase the power of his statements.
- The poem was written by Polonsky in two editorial versions. A sharp criticism of one of the options was rejected by some magazines. Polonsky’s negative attitude towards Nekrasov’s views was interpreted as a hateful attitude towards the author.
- The poem can be divided into two components. In the first part, the reader is presented with a characterization of a literary hero, and in the second, the influence of society on his life. The work has a lyrical character with a civil theme. The metaphors of the verse are filled with deep meaning. Each phrase implies the problems of that era. Reading the words of the work, it is easy to notice their deep credibility and mysterious sadness. The beginning of the verse is accompanied by the innocence of the author. Towards the end of the utterance, it becomes agonizing.
- Polonsky tried to analyze the relationship between the writer and society. To show how strong the negative influence exerts on the poet’s creativity. Polonsky calls people "children of the embittered century", emphasizes the bad times of that time. The fierce mood of the people swallowed Nekrasov and took possession of his heart. The lyrical hero seeks a gap in this darkness of ignorance and anger. The way out of this situation. Polonsky speaks ironically and regretfully of a similar process.
At the beginning of the work, Polonsky extols the creative personality. Regardless of the chosen direction in the literature, each author makes a treasure in our life and deserves respect. His imperfection is to blame for the imperfection of the writer's works. Human ignorance dulls emotions and devastates the author’s spiritual world. Observing the changing situation in the political struggle, the lyrical hero remains true to his ideals.
Positive emotions give way to cold calculations and strategies. The inconsistency of the events causes the poet to distrust others and becomes the cause of mental suffering. The Yoke of Doubt puts pressure on the author. He prophesies a joyless development of events. He wants to warn others, but he does not see any changes around. As the analysis of works of past periods shows, in the literature the further development of events is often foreseen.
At the end of the work, the literary hero has a change of mood. He ceases to follow the expectations of others. Expresses his harsh attitude to the events, but at the same time he does not forget to say about his love for all people. This bright feeling pushes us to the right thoughts and conclusions. In love of authorship is salvation.
The hero of the work is not afraid to express his point of view. His conclusions are supported by his own mind, and not by thoughts from the outside. The deceitful behavior of others is not credible. He does not need clues or someone else's protection. Not afraid to cause hostility "respectable husbands." He wants to open the eyes of others to the events, return them to reality. The author’s unshakable position finds support among the people. The hero reconciles the circumstances.
The involuntary cry of the poet emphasizes his power of speech. An embittered poet has a confessional character and has psychological components.
The simplicity and sincerity of Polonsky's works found support among contemporaries of that time and is close to today's reader. His work played a significant role in the enrichment of Russian literature.Author
The difficult relationship between Nekrasov and Polonsky consisted not only of literary disputes. In some works, the authors found similarities in their views. Their poetry coincided both in name and content. Polonsky, following his contemporary, delved into folk themes. After the death of Nekrasov, Polonsky expressed his attitude to the author in literary lines:
- A poet and a citizen, he was called to teach,
- In tatters of poverty to see a living soul,
- Selflessly suffering loving
- And indifferent to hate.
The work "Blessed is the embittered poet" fully reflects the author’s predisposition to lyrical statements and reveals the poet’s hesitation between literary directions. Analysis of the work helps to identify important aspects of the relationship between man and society, increases the productivity of increasing self-esteem. Each new reading reveals to the reader a new meaning of what is written. The author’s works contain not only historical, but also aesthetic significance.