The rite of exorcism is very important for a person, as he casts out evil and settlers. And how to conduct it and who should do it - find out from the article.
Interest in various mystical rites and rituals in human society has always been present. In history, there is a lot of evidence about how a demon infused people, which destroyed their body and psyche.
What is the rite of exorcism?
Curiosity about similar facts does not fade today. This interest is due to the increase in the number of various satanic cults and sects in recent times, as well as massive religious illiteracy. Moreover, most people need to be confident in the ability of the church to defeat evil and lack of spirituality.
Ideas about mastering demons have been spreading among almost all world cultures at all times. Therefore, in various religious movements there is a concept rite exorcismin which the devil is expelled from the body and soul of a person (demon, evil spirit, unclean power):
- In Christianity fighting demons.
- In Judaism, with the dibbukahs (the souls of the wicked who are unable to leave the earth and inhabit the man).
- In Islam, evil genies are driven out.
- In Buddhism, demons are perceived as pollution of karma.
It should be noted that rite of exorcism appeared long before the advent of Christianity. A similar practice was present in African tribes, and among the ancient Slavs, and among the northern peoples. For many centuries, this rite was the only weapon in the struggle of mankind against Satanic influence.
Now many people do not believe in the existence of evil forces. There are also doubts and allegations about the possibility of mastering the human essence by the devil. After all, it is believed that unclean forces, witches and sorcerers are a distinctive feature of the Middle Ages. However, the clergy are sure that the problem of instilling the devil in a person has not disappeared over time, but rite of exorcism remains relevant in the modern world. Indeed, unclean spirits often take advantage of the weakening of people's faith in God.
Rite of exorcism: how to recognize the possessed?
Long before our days, ministers of the church described and systematized signs characteristic of a person into whose demonic essence has infused a body and soul:
- Unnatural physical strength. Even a few strong men can often not cope with an obsessed person, even a weak and feeble-looking one.
- Eyes bulging out of orbits.
- Convulsions and spasms of the body, in which the unfortunate man bends and rushes about in different directions.
- Screams, howls, inarticulate mooing. An obsessed person may not yell with his own voice and even speak languages previously unknown to him.
- Vomiting and foam from the mouth.
- Petrification of the body and joints. Such a person can lie motionless for days, remaining completely immune to any loud sounds.
- Attacks of aggression or panic when objects or religious symbols consecrated in the church appear.
- The victim's inability to utter the words of prayers.
- Profanity and insults against others.
- Voices in the head, ordering to destroy and break everything around, and even kill people or yourself.
Interestingly, some clergymen believe that the sudden gift of clairvoyance or the ability of a person to speak other languages that he had not previously learned are also consequences of mastery of the person by evil spirits.
In addition, the following features of his behavior may testify to the influence of evil spirits on a person:
- Feeling unwell during church attendance - panic, suffocation, dizziness, loss of consciousness.
- Severe headaches from the ringing of a church bell.
- Sudden abuse of alcohol or drugs.
- Obscene, immoral behavior.
- Anger and irritability directed at everyone around.
- Prolonged apathy and the desire for loneliness.
- Fatigue and the ability to sleep for days.
- Pets begin to fear their master and try to escape from him.
The basics of obsession are not fully understood. However, it is known that one of the reasons for the instillation of evil power in a person may be his fascination with sessions of spiritualism. Sometimes, instead of the spirit of a certain deceased person (a relative or famous historical figure) being called forth by the spirit, a demon comes who is looking for a container in the form of a human body. Especially dangerous are cases when the seances are not completed correctly or are not fully completed.
How is the rite of exorcism performed?
Some clergymen believe that to some extent, everyone is obsessed with dark spirits. And to get rid of them is completely within the power of himself, by reading prayers and acting according to God's laws. And in rite of exorcism only those people who have an extreme degree of obsession are needed, when the satanic forces have completely seized the body and mind.
Jesus is considered the first exorcist to expel the devil from man, as evidenced by the description of these facts in the Gospel. The ability to cast out an evil spirit is considered a special gift that is not inherent in everyone. In the 3rd century, the rank of exorcist was officially approved by the church.
Modern religion recognizes several ways to conduct a ritual of expelling demonic power from a person. Each of them is necessarily accompanied by the reading of psalms and prayers. Pronouncing healing texts and spells is called "reprimand." It consists in turning to the Almighty for help in the fight against the devil. The prayer for the “reprimand” session is the longest in the church canon. It takes at least 20 minutes to read it.Carrying out
As a rule, the clergyman conducts the rite of exorcism not with one, but with assistants. Usually, in addition to the performer, the ritual involves:
- A young priest who, if necessary, can replace the exorcist.
- A relative of the possessed, preferably a physically strong man, able to restrain the raving one. Also later, he will be able to testify that the possessed was not inflicted any physical harm during the rite. After all, sometimes a ritual can end in a fatal accident.
- A doctor to monitor the condition of the victim and provide him with medical care.
In addition, in antiquity, during the ceremony, a person was often present who documented everything that happens during this action and how the demon behaves in this case. These days, it is allowed to record what is happening on the camera. Such records help unbelievers to verify the real danger of the devil, and are also a kind of training tool for a novice exorcist.
All participantsrite of exorcism must be prepared in advance for the fact that the expulsion of demons is often accompanied by curses and insults from the victim, unpleasant discharge from his body (vomiting, excrement or blood). And the priest's assistants should understand that their personal secrets and secret secrets can become the property of all those present, since Satan knows about all the sins of people and will do his best to confuse them. The form of the ceremony is chosen by the exorcist on his own.Obsessed
The basis of the rite of exorcism consists of two main parts:
- The exorcist strengthens his own spirit through prayer.
- An appeal to the demon demanding to leave the body of the victim.
The main stages of the ritual of exorcism remain unchanged for many centuries.
- Before rite of exorcism all participants must confess. They also need to fast for three, nine, and even better forty days.
- All furniture is taken out of the room, except for the unfortunate bed and a small table for the things necessary for the performer. They also clean all interior and household items (curtains, carpets, lamps).
- The room is consecrated with holy water and reading biblical texts.
- If a person convulses or can somehow harm himself and others, he is tied to a bed.
- Doors with windows must be closed so that the evil spirit could not enter into other people. And if there is no door in the room, then the opening is hung with black cloth.
- On the table lay out: a crucifix, the icon of the Savior, church candles, holy water and a prayer book.
- The priest must make sure that the possessed person is actually obsessed with evil spirits, and does not suffer from mental illnesses.
- A crucifix is put in the palm of an obsessed person. If this is not possible, then the exorcist's assistant holds a cross over the body of the possessed.
- After reading the prayers, the priest sprinkles the possessed with holy water and overshadows the sign of the Cross.
- The exorcist tortures Satan with his name and the purpose of coming into the human world. Often, the clergyman uses swear words and curses in order to insult the devil, forcing him to tell his true name. As a rule, an unclean spirit tries in every way to confuse and deceive the performer, as well as to intimidate his assistants.
- Sometimes the unclean enters into theological disputes with the people present. Therefore, the person conducting the rite must know the Bible thoroughly and have true faith. He also needs to be very attentive and careful. Questions should be formulated briefly and clearly.
- After turning to the Almighty for help and strength, the priest reads the words aimed at the expulsion of the demon. At the same time, different things can happen to the victim of demons: convulsions, convulsions, attempts to escape, talking about yourself in the third person and so on. This means that the exorcist gained power over an unclean spirit, which resists with all its might.
- Present during rite of exorcism sometimes they can hear unpleasant and frightening voices and sounds. However, while casting spells, one must not stop, no matter what happens next. After all, the dark power is just waiting for the exorcist to stop his struggle for the soul of the unfortunate victim.
- While casting spells, the exorcist comes into battle with the evil spirit. This is a very dangerous moment when the devil can take possession of the body and soul of the performer.
- After expelling evil spirits from a person, he calms down and gains control of his own body and mind. Often the devil's victim does not remember anything that happened to her earlier.
- An exorcist says a prayer to protect the healed and those close to him.
- At the end, the priest conducts a conversation with a person, instructing him on the true path.
In those cases when a person is possessed by a very strong demon, one rite of exorcism it’s not enough. Then such events are held several times.To expel
In order for the exiled demons not to return to the former possessed, he needs to lead a pious life:
- Attend church regularly.
- Read prayers constantly.
- Order prayers and magpies.
- Keep the commandments of the Lord and avoid temptations.
Exorcist Requirements for the Rite of Exorcism
Rare people with a special gift and powerful energy can carry out the ritual of expelling evil spirits from a person.
The described rite is always fraught with risk, both for the obsessed and for the exorcist. Evil forces hold fast to the soul and body of their victim, and the ceremony can drag on for many hours. That is why the people who conduct it undergo serious physical and spiritual training, as well as special initiations.
Depending on the cultural environment, religion professed, as well as life circumstances, different people may play the role of exorcists:
- The rabbis
- White magicians
The Catholic Church has an official church rank for people conducting rites of exile of Satan. Conduct these events with the permission of the bishop. If such permission was not obtained, the clergyman is allowed to read only prayers for the health of the patient.Requirements
A true exorcist should possess such qualities:
- Endurance and ability to remain without sleep, food and water for a long time.
- Courage and caution.
- Sustainable nervous system.
- An unshakable faith in God. At the same time, a person who casts out unclean forces and a victim of obsession must profess one religion.
- The absence of serious sins in his past.
- Knowledge by heart of prayers and the rules of the ritual, as well as deep knowledge in theology and religious literature.
- The ability to distinguish the signs of a person possessed by the devil from mental illness. That is why modern exorcists study the basics of psychiatry.
- A pure soul and the observance of the laws of the religion to which it belongs.
Rite of exorcism and science
For many years, the debate between the supporters of the church and the materialists has not faded rites of exorcism as a tool in the fight against evil that captures the body and spirit of man.
Modern scholars are rather skeptical of the "devil obsession." They find inadequate behavior of "demoniac" people a scientific explanation. In medicine, in particular in psychiatry, descriptions of such "demoniacity" are perceived as symptoms of mental or neurological diseases, such as:
- Tourette's syndrome.
- Manic syndrome.
- Split personality.
Scientists insist that people with similar symptoms do not need prayers with church rituals, but medical treatment.Rite
And the successful outcome of somerites of exorcism science explains the effect on the patient of hypnosis or auto-suggestion. Often, modern exorcists, consciously or not, use psychotherapeutic methods, healing the patient emotionally and destroying his mental blocks.
However, according to many people, it’s rite of exorcism became the only effective way to return them close to normal life and allowed them to avoid the fate of spending the rest of the days in a psychiatric institution.