Causes and methods of treating a rash on the palms of the feet of a child.
Children are the most beloved little men, which adults treasure. That is why any worries on the part of the kids become the cause of lack of sleep for their parents. In this article, we will talk about the causes of the rash on the palms and feet.
Rash on the palms and feet of a child: types
In addition, it is worth paying attention to the nature of the rash. Rashes are of various etiologies, and also differ in appearance.
Types of rash on the palms and feet of a child:
All these rashes differ in content as well as in appearance. Very often, children have red spots or small red blisters on their palms called hives. Most often, such rashes are associated with an allergic reaction. Usually, hives pass from a few hours to several days.Rash on the feet of a child
Rash on the palms and feet of a child: causes
In fact, a rash is not a disease at all, but a symptom of a serious illness. It can be caused by several reasons.
Rash on the palms and feet of a child, causes:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Skin pathology
Depending on the pathogen, the types of rash differ. Most often, the doctor evaluates not only the picture of the manifestations and the symptom itself, but also the accompanying signs of the disease.Palm rash
Why did the temperature appear, a rash on the palms and feet of the child?
Usually a rash on the palms and feet occurs during infection with an infectious disease. Among them are the following.
Causes of temperature, rash on the palms and feet of a child:
- Measles. This is a dangerous infectious disease, which is now being vaccinated. Indeed, outbreaks of measles have recently become more frequent, so vaccines are given to everyone in the clinics. The disease manifests itself in the form of a rash on the palms, legs, calves, and hands. After this, temperature, sore throat and redness appear. This disease affects the immune system, reducing it. Therefore, it is necessary to prevent an ailment than to deal with its treatment.
- Rubella. This is a viral disease that is caused by togavirus. The disease is acute, and has vivid symptoms. On the first day, the temperature rises to 39 degrees, as a result of this, a red rash appears. The disease is also difficult for children and can cause a lot of complications. The main remedy is vaccination. Now in Russia they are vaccinated with measles-rubella-mumps, during which weakened virus cells are brought in the child's body.
- Scarlet fever - also infectious diseases, but his nature is different. The causative agent is streptococcus, not viruses. At the initial stage, the child begins to have a sore throat, there may be chills and the temperature rises to 39 degrees. A little later, a rash appears on the arms and legs, which then spread very quickly throughout the body, in the abdomen, as well as the face. Since the main causative agent of the disease is streptococcus, it is necessary for the child to give antibiotics in order to overcome the disease. May cause complications in the heart of the kidney, if you do not follow all the recommendations of a doctor.
Enterovirus: rash on the palms and feet
Usually, preschool children are affected by this disease.
Enterovirus, rash on the palms and feet, symptoms:
- There may be an increase in temperature, and the appearance of red spots in the feet, as well as the palms of the hands.
- A little later, literally in one or two days, such rashes can simply disappear. Temperatures may not be observed.
- Therefore, very often parents do not even suspect that this is an enterovirus infection, and give the child antihistamines.
Why does a rash appear with bubbles on the palms and feet of a child?
The most common cause of a rash in the palm of your hand, as well as your feet, is nothing short of an allergic reaction. Usually it manifests itself in children in infancy, up to three years. Therefore, it is recommended to wash all things with hypoallergenic powder, and do not use fragrances.
Why does a rash appear with bubbles on the palms and feet of a child:
- The child may be allergic to food, even if the mother is breastfeeding. This is due to the fact that some of the dyes, as well as nutrients from food, pass into breast milk, thereby causing food allergies.
- Please note that if you have recently given your child medications, underwent treatment, then you may be allergic to certain antibiotics, vitamins, as well as antiviral drugs.
- An allergy can occur on any medicine, regardless of the age of the child and the treatment of a particular ailment. Therefore, if the rash appeared a few days after taking the medicine, it is worth suspecting a drug allergy.
Chickenpox: a rash on the palms and feet of a child
Please note that if there are quarantines in the garden or at the school, and the child has small pimples on the hands, face, and tummy, most likely, the baby has caught an ailment. More about the manifestations of the disease and methods of treating chickenpox here.
Chickenpox, rash on the palms and feet of a child:
- An ailment is caused by the herpes virus, so the course depends on the baby's immunity.
- In the early stages, the disease can be characterized by fever, as well as malaise.
- After this, rashes appear. Initially, they are deployed on the palms and calves, then spread throughout the body.
- It appears in the form of bubbles filled with liquid that burst.
Coxsackie virus: rash on the palms and feet - how to distinguish from chickenpox?
The disease is often called "arm, leg, mouth." It is on the flexion surfaces of the arms and legs that the first manifestations of a rash appear. Then rashes appear in the mouth.
Coxsackie virus, rash on the palms and feet:
- It is difficult to distinguish a virus from chickenpox, due to similar rashes. They resemble bubbles filled with liquid.
- Often parents think that the child in the second round fell ill with chickenpox, but this is not so.
- The coxsackie virus has several differences. Bubbles are more dense crust and may not burst.
- Often they dry out with the formation of flaky patches.
Why does an allergic rash on the palms and feet itch?
Often a rash appears after a child walks in the grass, travels to the sea or rests in a park. The fact is that rashes in the area of the palms of the hands, as well as feet, can cause pollen, which is a strong allergen.
Why does an allergic rash on the palms and feet itch:
- In the grass live an insect, bites, which are toxic to the child's body.
- Insects are really capable of provoking the appearance of a rash, red blisters or spots in the bite and nearby.
- This is due to a possible allergic reaction of the child to bites. You can find out more about the means for treating insect bites. here.
- Dermatologists often associate a rash on the feet with a food allergy to dairy products, as well as egg yolk. It is believed that food allergies, which are caused by other foods, manifest in certain parts of the body.
- Often, a rash on the feet can occur due to allergies to dog, cat hair, dust, and pollen. These are the main causes of rashes on the feet of children.
- This is due to the fact that particles of allergens are on the floor. Therefore, if you recently got an animal, and the child has a strange rash, it is necessary to suspect an allergy to the coat.
How to treat a rash on the palms and feet of a child?
First of all, it is necessary to get rid of the source, that is, a specific disease. As mentioned above, a rash is just a symptom that indicates a specific ailment.
How to treat a rash on the palms and feet of a child:
- Therefore, pay attention to the accompanying symptoms, such as fever, nasal congestion, discharge, cough, vomiting, or diarrhea is possible. All these additional symptoms will help the doctor determine the disease.
- If you associate the appearance of a rash with an allergic reaction, you can use antihistamines. If you do not want to stuff your baby with allergy pills and syrups, you can use local remedies. The most effective is fenistil pencivir.
- It is a gel-like product that is completely transparent and colorless. It is well absorbed, made on a water basis, therefore it does not form a greasy film on the surface, leaves no residue on clothing.
- To cope with rashes, if it is an allergy, it is possible in just a few days. Often use drugs with glucocorticosteroids. They are applicable if in the area of the rash there is strong redness, irritation and it itches.
A rash on the palms and feet itches: what is it?
Note that itching in the rash area is often associated with scabies, which require a narrow and specific treatment. Therefore, drugs based on antihistamines will not help and will be ineffective.
Another cause of a rash on the palms is atopic dermatitis and eczema. Indeed, with dermatitis, the rash on the palms and feet itches, crusts, peels. Most often, the nature of such rashes is in an allergic reaction, as well as intestinal diseases.
The approach to the treatment of atopic dermatitis is special, it includes the use of emollients that moisturize the skin, preventing the evaporation of moisture. Therapy includes the use of absorbent, as well as vitamins, to establish the intestines. The ideal option would be Laktiale, Laktovit or Lineks.Palm rash
Please note that all rashes that are associated with bacterial lesions require antibiotic treatment. Therefore, antiviral agents, as well as antihistamines, are ineffective.