Mushroom raincoat: useful information for beginner mushroom pickers.
Raincoats are very interesting and useful mushrooms. As soon as they are not called people:
- grandfather tobacco
- wolf tobacco
- gypsy powder
- damn apple
- rabbit potatoes and many others
They are found in different sizes: with a pea, with an apple, and even the size of a huge pumpkin. The nutritional components of the pulp are not inferior in their advantages to the cep and are highly appreciated by experts. Just like ceps, after heat treatment or drying, they remain a beautiful white color. Their main advantage is considered to be healing qualities - a fungus gland attached to a cut, relieves bleeding, disinfects and promotes its instant scarring.
Mushroom raincoat: edible or not, what does it look like?One type of mushroom
The most common types of edible raincoats to which this popular name can be applied include:
- Pear-shaped raincoat (Lycoperdon pyriforme). It has Small size about 5.5 cm in length and width. The pear-shaped young body is covered with a double shell, from which a small false leg with small veins of light mycelia leaves. The outer layer is white, slightly covered with cracks, scales or spikes. In an adult fungus, this layer is cracked and an internal gray-brown or yellowish shell is exposed, covering spores that seep after ripening through holes at the top of the fruiting body.
- Prickly raincoat (Lycoperdon perlatum). Showered with pronounced conical spikes. The color is snow-white or cream with a mesh pattern. It has a fragrant smell. Gleb is dense.
- Giant Langermannia (Langermannia gigantean). The huge size of the mushroom reaches 8 kg of weight. It is covered with smooth, slightly flaky skin. As it ripens, the color of the gleb changes from white to dirty green. The skin of ripe mushrooms is similar to parchment paper. The flesh is friable, similar to homemade cheese.
- Golovach oblong (Calvatia excipuliformis) It looks like an inflated bubble pulled down below. It is covered with inconspicuous thin and delicate spikes, which makes it almost smooth in appearance. Gleb (flesh), in the newly emerged fungus, is white, in the adult - dark steel, sometimes almost black. The combination of a pronounced deficiency of pseudopods and needles, which are not inherent in raincoats, but peculiar to puddles, gives an occasion to inexperienced mushroom pickers to confuse them with false individuals.
Mushroom raincoat false: how does it look, is it possible to eat?The main differences
Raincoat (Scleroderma citrinum) in Russia it is considered inedible or poisonous. In the West, it is recognized only as inedible, specifying that in the manufacture of sausages they replace truffles. Despite the possibility of using a puddle raincoat as a spicy seasoning for meat dishes, when eating a large number of mushrooms, a health hazard is likely.
This species is not difficult to distinguish from edible mushrooms. In young pseudo raincoats, as opposed to genuine, the fruit body is smooth, has a whitish, whitish-gray or icteric color. Further, when it grows, it acquires stains in the form of cracks, growths or scales of a dark ocher color. The ripened mushroom breaks, but the spores do not spill out, but accumulate in the bowels of the cracked cavity.
Important: The main difference between false raincoat and edible golovachev is expressed in the presence of a hard skin and a lilac-brown hue of aging flesh, with a rich unpleasant aroma.
Scleroderma citrinum often grow in heaps.
To exclude the entry of a false raincoat into the basket of an inexperienced lover of mushroom hunting, it is necessary to incise the fungus and check its suitability for the presence of a snow-white gleb and not for the appearance of the harsh spirit of decayed raw potatoes.
Video: Raincoat (Scleroderma aurantiacum) - description.
Mushroom raincoat: medicinal properties
Treatment with fungal spores finds its use in classic and home treatments.
Mushroom gleb contains elements of calvacin that differ in antibacterial and anti-cancer characteristics.
Funds made on the basis of mushroom pulp are actively removed from the body:
- heavy metals
- toxic fluorine and chlorine compounds
- toxins, as a result of helminth infection or hepatitis, dysbiosis, severe inflammation of the kidneys
- Mushroom chaff compresses are an excellent tool for the treatment and anesthesia of deep cuts and malignant wounds resulting from cancer
Infusions and broths from young powder flies are used:
- to lower the temperature
- in order to relieve inflammatory processes: with chronic tonsillitis, throat cones, with severe ailments in the kidneys
- to slow the growth of malignant tumors and the progression of leukemia
- to reduce blood viscosity
- with high blood pressure, angina pectoris
- for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases
- to strengthen immunity
- Pharmacy products made on the basis of mushroom mycelia help with problems:
- in lymph nodes and sarcoidosis
- with endocrine processes: goiter formation, diabetes, adrenal gland dysfunction
- with the respiratory system: tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma
What can be prepared from raincoat mushroom: recipes
Flapper with potatoes in sour cream sauce
- Mushroom harvest - 1 kg
- Fresh potato tubers - 0.5 kg
- Onion - 1 head
- Cream or sour cream - 250 g
- Sunflower oil - 1/2 tbsp.
- Young sprigs of green dill - 5-6 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Free the heads from the prickly skins, rinse
- Boil in salted water for 5-7 minutes
- Then we wash in a colander under a stream of cold water, let it drain a little
- We spread it on a hot pan, keep it on medium heat until all the moisture has evaporated
- Add oil, add heat, fry with constant stirring
- Ready mushrooms are considered when they begin to crackle in a pan
- To the prepared mushrooms add chopped potatoes into thin slices, salt
- Fry until half cooked, sprinkle with finely chopped onions
- We continue to cook the dish until the potatoes are ready
- 5 minutes before cooking, fill with sour cream, season with chopped dill, cover with a lid
- Turn off the stove, stand under the lid for another 10 minutes
- Giant golovach - 0.7 kg
- Fat milk - 0.6 L
- Flour - 90 g
- Fresh egg - 1 pc.
- Sunflower oil - 3 tbsp.
Stages of cooking:
- We wash the mushrooms, cut into medium-thick plates
- Wet excess moisture with a paper towel
- Sift flour into a cup
- In the center we make a dimple, in which we pour a little salt and break the egg, stir
- We dilute the resulting mass with milk until the consistency of thick sour cream
- Mushroom plastics dipped in batter, fry on both sides in heated vegetable oil
Mushroom soup with raincoats
- Young flirts - 7 pcs.
- Potato - 3 pcs.
- Onion - 1 head
- Small carrots - 1 pc.
- Butter - 50 g
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Ground black pepper, salt - depending on preference
Cooking like this:
- Raincoats are cleared of prickly hides and forest debris, washed, cut into cubes
- Pour 1.5 liters into the pan. cold water, add mushrooms there
- Boil for 10-15 minutes, periodically remove the foam
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into even cubes, put them into the broth with mushrooms
- Cook until half-cooked potatoes
- Cut the carrots and onions into small squares, sauté in butter, put in soup
- Salt, cook until potatoes are ready
- Serve with sour cream
Hungarian style fried eggs and raincoats
- Green onions with small heads - 3 pcs.
- Mushrooms - 0, 4 kg
- Fresh eggs - 5 pcs.
- Grated cheese - 90 g
- Butter - 50 g
- Cream - 1/2 tbsp.
- Parsley, salt and ground sweet red pepper - to taste
- We wash the mushrooms, cut into slices
- Then evaporate in a hot pan until the juice is completely evaporated
- Next, add 1 tbsp. oil, add chopped onion, fry a little
- Remove the pan from the stove, pour cream into the mushrooms, mix
- We shift onion and mushroom mass into a baking sheet with high sides
- We make 5 holes in it, break into each egg
- Salt, sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
Italian raincoat roast
For cooking you will need:
- Grandfather tobacco - 1 kg
- Onion - 2 heads
- Cream 15% - 1.5 tbsp.
- Butter - 100 g
- Salt, pepper - to taste
The main stages of the process:
- Cut the head of the vegetable in half rings
- Raincoats are freed from the upper skin, cut into pieces
- First, fry the onion half rings in cow oil, then add the mushrooms
- When the released mushroom juice is evaporated in half, add a thin stream of cream
- After boiling, add spices and salt, simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice, sprinkle with herbs
Video: Raincoat (mushroom) fried with garlic
How to cook mushroom raincoat?
- Young harvest can be cooked without prior boiling
- Adult raincoats, before frying, boil for 6-7 minutes
- When using boiled mushrooms, for full readiness, cook for at least 15 minutes
Mushroom raincoat: how to cook for the winter?
- We clean fresh mushroom crop from litter
- Without washing, cut across
- Lay out on a baking sheet in one layer
- Dry in the sun (in hot weather) or in an oven, as follows:
- First set the temperature to 50 ° C
- After 1-2 hours, increase the degrees to 70-80 ° C
- Then lower to 55 ° C, hold for about 2 hours
- Do not forget to periodically mix the workpieces and remove the dry mushrooms
Important: When white drops appear on the mushrooms (protein substances), we lower the temperature and remove the pan from the oven. After lowering the temperature, we send raincoats for further drying. Otherwise, the workpiece will take a black, unsightly appearance.
Prepare in advance:
- Raincoats - 1 kg
- Salt - 1.5-2 tbsp. l
- Vinegar 6% and water - 1/2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper - 6 peas
- Carnation - 2 stars
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
We proceed to the procurement process:
- We clean the mushrooms, sort out
- Pour the marinade into the enameled pan, put the mushrooms, bring to a boil
- Cook stirring for 15-20 minutes
- When cooking mushrooms secrete juice and everything is covered with liquid
- Remove the foam with a slotted spoon
- Ready mushrooms sink to the bottom, the marinade becomes transparent
- Next, put the mushrooms tightly in jars, fill with sunflower oil
- We close with plastic covers
Video: Drying raincoats. Rules for quality processing.
Mushroom raincoat: why people call rabbit potatoes: interesting information
Most often I call young mushrooms. When they appear above the ground, they resemble young potatoes in shape.
So, based on the foregoing, it becomes clear that there are a lot of benefits from the rain cover, and some mushroom pickers underestimate it.