Kicking the baby.
When a child begins to move in her mother’s stomach, this is a very important point. For all expectant mothers, a similar topic is very in demand. After all, every time you worry, and during whether the baby began to kick and whether he is active enough. To dispel all experiences, it is worth dotting all the "and". I just want to stipulate right away that each woman has her own physiology, and there are no strict standards in this matter.
When, in how many months does the baby begin to kick in the first and second pregnancy?
This period can not even be compared with anything. It is at the moment when the child first pushed the tummy, you fly up to the seventh heaven with happiness. And after that you begin to realize that there is a new life inside you. Yes, believe me, many (especially young mothers) do not immediately understand all the responsibility and, in general, what happens to them. Yes, and up to five months in most tummy can be barely noticeable.
When does this happen:
- Let's just say that the baby is alive and moves all the time that he is in the tummy. This is natural and normal. The fact is that in the early stages the baby is so tiny that any tremors are not felt. Yes, and he is behind so many protective layers (meaning, the placenta, uterus and amniotic fluid). And he does not reach the walls of the uterus itself.
- The baby grows up and already the movement of the leg towards the mother’s tummy becomes noticeable. This happens on average on 20 weeks during the first pregnancy.
- During the second and subsequent pregnancies, this important point will come a little earlier - on 18 weeks.
- But! It happens that the mother begins to feel the baby's movements for another 16 or even 15 weeks of pregnancy. And there are cases when a child starts kicking only for 24-25 weeks. Neither in the first nor in the second case you need to worry (pregnant women should not be nervous at all). Better rejoice at any moment of your special situation.
So that there are no unanswered questions, let's take a closer look at this nuance. Why are kids kicking on such different terms and what is the norm:
- The first reason is a weak perceptibility and, perhaps, not even the realization that this happened. After all, the baby in the first terms is very weakly pushed. Here we will immediately answer why during the first pregnancy this happens a little later. For the second time, the expectant mother knows all the sensations, and what they should be.
- An important role is played by the weight of the fetus. Yes, the leg of a larger baby will feel faster.
- Also, the weight of the expectant mother makes adjustments. Slender girls will feel faster when the baby begins to kick. And those in whom the subcutaneous fat layer is thicker will naturally feel a little later.
- And, of course, the threshold of sensitivity. Each woman has his own. Therefore, this is such an individual question that doctors put such a long time within the normal range. But, of course, no later than 25 weeks. Otherwise, you should always consult your doctor.
- And also, the activity of the intestines of a young mother affects. Sometimes due to its increased work, it can overshadow the movement of the fetus.
- Also, the temperament, character and mode of the future baby are already manifested.
- Amniotic fluid also contributes. The more of them, the sensations will not be so expressive. And with a small number, of course, vice versa.
- Also, the location of the placenta plays a role. Those in whom it is adjacent to the posterior wall of the uterus will feel the fetal movements a little earlier.
- Well, and, of course, the state of health of the crumbs is related. I think there is no need to go into this topic in detail.
- By the way, the fact whether the child is desired is also of great influence. As a rule, mothers feel the jolts of planned and long-awaited children faster.
How the baby kicks in the stomach: sensations
Words can’t convey such feelings; they need to be felt. Any mother will say, especially to her still unmarried friend (who needs to have her children). Yes, this is really a pleasant feeling. But, rather, not physically, but spiritually.
The sensations of how the baby kicks will change during the growth process. And this is natural:
- In the very first terms, somewhere up to 15 weeks, it was already mentioned above that the movements were simply not noticeable. A rumbling in the stomach gives more signals. There are cases when mothers claim that they hear the baby (especially young ones who want to quickly feel it on themselves). Sometimes, indeed, in the early stages you can faintly notice his movements, but often they are confused with the usual activity of the intestine. Especially, given the fact that pregnant women have increased gas formation.
- After 15 weeks sensations are already more visible and understandable. That is why, most mothers begin to feel how the baby is kicking. Each mother, of course, can be different. But on average, the tremors are pleasant, barely noticeable, resembling a kind of gurgle. Some compare this to a flutter or even the touch of a feather. But over time, this feather will show which bird sits in her mother’s tummy.
- After 20 weeks, movements become apparent. You can catch some of his movements. By the way, he can still turn and tumble. Therefore, it is still difficult to understand whether he kicked with his hand or foot. The sensations are a bit like swimming a fish. She splashes in the water, and her movements are even pleasant. Movements become like a jolt. For example, he could touch the leg. But they are very gentle and light. By the way, during this period, the baby can hiccup and mom can understand it. It will be rhythmic twitching within yourself. Especially, they will be noticeable in the supine position.
- Closer to 24 weeks jolts can not be confused with anything. Sometimes even blows with a foot or cam can make it difficult to fall asleep.
- 25 week are considered the peak activity of the baby. He still has free space, and he is strong enough for big wakefulness. On average, there should be at least 10 aftershocks per day. By the way, you need to consider that each baby has its own regime. In the tummy, the children are also sleeping, which means they are not active. Feels like this is a real shove.
- TO 28 weeks the child takes the head down position. Feet stop or cam kick is already becoming noticeable. But, if the child has not adopted this position, then you should not be afraid or worried. He has another 8 weeks left. That is, closer to 36 weeks the baby will take the correct position.
- As a rule, after 32 weeks the baby is not very pleasantly kicked. Often, expectant mothers complain that the baby is kicking hard in one side or interferes with normal lying. That is, he already indicates an uncomfortable position. If Mom went wrong, then the baby will immediately let you know about it with kicks in the side. But it is worth changing the position, as the child calms down. The leg can already be clearly seen or even felt with your hand (when he put it out). Every day the baby gets closer and closer in his home and his mother clearly senses any movement.
Why is the child very and painfully very often kicking in the stomach?
Moms are interested in this issue mainly at a later date. The child is still too weak in the early weeks and has enough space to not cause her mother discomfort. But any changes in your body need to be negotiated with your doctor. Especially those aspects that cause you inconvenience or worry. Let's look at those cases when you need to urgently go to the hospital, and when it is within the normal range.
- The most unprotected reason why a child is pushing hard or too actively is because her mother is uncomfortable. Yes, it is worth turning over to the other side or changing too long a sitting position, as the baby calms down.
- Also, the baby can express their displeasure. Already at this age, the baby can show its character. Maybe he doesn’t like any external smells or taste of food. Or maybe mom listens to music too loud (or just the tastes do not match). Naturally, you need a change of scenery.
- And it may sound strange, but the baby may not like what mom does. Especially if the activity takes a long time. For example, a mother sits in an uncomfortable position for a baby for a long time and embroiders or watches TV. Well, you just need to change the type of activity. Or at least just stretch after a long sitting position.
- Everyone knows that a child experiences all her emotions with her mother. Therefore, take a closer look at yourself. Perhaps you are a little nervous for several days or have been sleeping poorly lately, and the baby feels your tiredness. In this case, you should drink tea with chamomile or mint, calm down or fall asleep.
- By the way, in terms of food, you also need to be careful. Sometimes too sour or spicy food can provoke an overly active behavior of the baby.
- While the baby is in her mother’s tummy, he hears perfectly everything that happens outside. Listen, maybe the child is just glad to hear the dad who came home after a long working day.
- But what to do if everything is in order with food, the position and activity have been changed, everything is in order with the nerves, and the baby will not calm down in any way. It is necessary to inform the doctor about this as soon as possible. It happens that the baby lacks oxygen. And a similar problem can only be solved with medical treatment. The main thing is not to let the matter drift and do not self-medicate.
Why is a child kicking in the stomach on one side, in the left, right side, lower abdomen?
The time of his jolts can be completely different, as well as the intensity of the kick. We have already figured out what is considered the norm. But most mothers are confused by the fact that the baby is pushing on only one side.
- This is more than normal. After all, our hands and feet are on one side (more precisely, they bend in one direction). That is, you do not feel jolts from the side where the back is. This is the first plus - it means that the child is all right with development.
- The second plus - he does not change his position or does it extremely rarely. This means that there is less chance that the baby decides to turn head upwards.
- On the left or right side, most likely, it simply indicates where the child turned. That is, if you kick in the left side, then the back is on the right side. And even more often and more severely, punches are obtained with the foot.
- By the way! There is such a sign - which side most often kicks the baby. If there are major tremors on the right side, then there will be a boy. If in the left side the baby most often reminds of himself, then this is a girl.
- If the baby kicks in the lower abdomen, then this is not a reason to panic. Yes, the child turned over and his legs are at the bottom. But nothing bad happened. If this happened after 36 weeks, then you should be wary. Indeed, in the future it will be very difficult for the baby to roll over. Although, there are times when the baby turns over almost before the very birth (this happens with the right and wrong position).
How often should the baby push in the stomach?
Many expectant mothers are worried about this, to put it mildly. There are even such mothers who are trying to stir up the baby, gently pushing the stomach. And there are such children that even at night they do not let them sleep peacefully.
- Just want to note that you do not need to focus too much on this. Believe me, when you begin to calculate his tremors, you find only an extra reason to be nervous. No, letting this thing go by itself is also not necessary. Just listen to the baby’s behavior.
- On average, a child should push mom at least 10 times a day. If the period is short, then the movements are naturally less. For example, for 20 weeks there are up to 4 hits.
- But! This is the average value. It happens that someone has a baby too active and makes much more shocks. And for some, the child is more passive and may not reach 10.
- Sometimes it happens that the baby is tired and not too awake today. Naturally, it depends on the mom’s regimen. Maybe she walked a lot today or stood for a long time. It is necessary to lie down, relax and give the baby relaxation.
- It is believed that 10 movements should occur before 5 pm. But practice shows that each baby has its own regime. Some just woke up for nightly dancing or football. And there are those who wake mom at 4-5 in the morning by kicking her.
- Therefore, consider your individual regimen (more precisely, your crumbs). Be sure to tell the doctor when the peak of your activity falls. But, if all the indicators and analyzes are normal, you and your baby are doing well, then there is no reason to be nervous.
- An alarming signal is that the baby does not move much and feels pain (sharp or aching) in the lower abdomen. This is an occasion to immediately go to the hospital.
Does the child kick before birth, in labor
Often, expectant mothers, especially young ones, do not pay due attention to moving the baby before childbirth. And if there is a rapid birth, then not at all before that. Perhaps this is due to the unrest that awaits the baby and mother the day before. But often this fact can serve as a signal.
- Just before childbirth, even before the contractions begin, the child stops kicking her mother so actively. It is not always possible to catch this signal. After all, the baby was most active in the evening, and in the morning was born.
- By the way, often primiparas are placed in a hospital long before an important moment. And the expectant mother is in anticipation and even slight excitement. This is normal. Therefore, often the baby’s movements are missed.
- If the baby has become not so active or has completely stopped kicking mom in the side, then the fights will begin soon.
- During the parties themselves, the baby is also preparing for the birth. And the pain is so strong that it is impossible to catch his movements. It’s just not up to the bills, how and how many times the baby pushed with his foot.
- No, the baby is moving. Just now his actions are directed in a different direction. After all, he also participates in the birth process. Therefore, some argue that childbirth should take place without anesthesia. Thus, the mother completely feels the baby.
That is why doctors (or a special device) are connected to check the baby's heartbeat. Especially if the birth is slightly delayed.