How to apply laundry soap correctly? Unusual properties of soap. How not to harm the body using household soap?
What is laundry soap made of and what laundry soap is better than 65% or 72%?
The first laundry soap was made by the French. It contained only olive oil and salt.In France, the composition of soap was strictly regulated
Now, in addition to vegetable oils, agricultural waste, animal fats, is added to soap. Instead of salt, which helped clean and disinfect, sodium hydroxide is used.
Despite significant changes in composition, the essence remained the same: no dyes, no fragrances, no extra chemistry.
The percentages that are written on the packaging of laundry soap indicate the mass fraction of fatty acids. The higher the number, the better it removes dirt.
Does laundry soap help in the nostrils of the flu, runny nose?
Many traditional medicine adherents lubricate the inside of the nostrils with soap. In their minds, in this way they get rid of viruses and bacteria that cause a runny nose and flu.Natural mucus is the best disinfectant
In no case should you do this. The best disinfectant against germs in the nose is mucus secreted by the respiratory tract. Snot disinfects mucous membranes and kills germs. Our task is to prevent them from drying out. A laundry soap strongly dries the mucosa. Yes, snot can become smaller as a result. They will stop killing and "flushing" the infection, and the disease will unfold with renewed vigor.
Folk remedy for sinusitis: laundry soap
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinuses. It begins due to the fact that out of them the outflow of mucus and pus is difficult. If they cannot be removed, the doctor prescribes a puncture through which all unnecessary is removed.The main task is to cause the outflow of accumulated harmful substances from the sinuses of the nose.
You can try to remove them yourself using a folk remedy with laundry soap. You will need 1 tbsp. spoon of each of the ingredients:
- ground laundry soap
- vegetable oil
- onion juice
- Place a saucepan in a water bath. Place all the components in it, adding in the named sequence.
- Keep on fire until the mass thickens. Do not forget to stir.
- Soak swabs in the resulting paste and put in your nose. The procedure must be lying. Duration depends on your enthusiasm.
- Wait until the outflow of mucus through the mouth begins. Constantly spit.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure every other day. The pasta can be stored in the refrigerator. Heat the composition before use.
Laundry soap in gynecology: for intimate hygiene, from thrush
Laundry soap can be used for intimate hygiene. It meets all the criteria that doctors put forward for such a tool:
- it must be well disinfected
- it should not contain dyes or perfumes
But if you use laundry soap for this purpose, remember that it must be thoroughly washed off. When the product is on the surface of the mucosa for a long time, it can cause a chemical burn. This applies to any soap. By the way, you can’t use soap (household or any other) for washing too often. Doctors say that this should be done once a day, or even once every two days.Any soap can be harmful if you do not rinse it thoroughly.
From thrush, laundry soap helps as much as any hygiene product can help. This disease is caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. And soap effectively kills not only viruses and bacteria, but also fungi.
Triple cologne and soap dispenser
Difficult life situations happen when a person has to learn to deal with pressure sores. In this matter, hygiene and disinfection is the main salvation.
- Laundry soap is grated and mixed with triple cologne, until you get a composition that looks like an ointment in consistency.
- They are greased with reddened places, which have a lot of pressure.
Laundry soap for varicose veins. Reviews
Some enthusiasts cook varicose ointment from laundry soap, which contains many components, including odorous ones like lard and onion. Most patients use them to no avail, but cases of miraculous cure are also described on the Internet.If you want to use traditional medicine methods, combine them with conventional treatment.
Reviews phlebologists warn: if you hope for a miracle, you can bring the matter to trouble. If you are a fan of traditional medicine, combine its methods with trips to the hospital and medical treatment.
This method is also described.
- Lie down, raise your legs vertically, lean them on the wall and wait 10 minutes
- After that, someone needs to soap their hands with soap and massage you, stroking your legs from the feet to the hips
This is a very good method of prevention, but not the treatment of varicose veins. This position is very beneficial for the legs and the entire circulatory system. But whether household soap plays any role is unknown.
Laundry soap as a laxative for constipation and hemorrhoids
For the older generation, home-made rectal candle made from laundry soap is a very popular remedy for constipation. People not only use it themselves, but also put it to children, based on the fact that the soap is natural and does not contain pharmacy chemistry.
Candles for constipation are easier to buy at a pharmacy than experimenting with laundry soap
“Very often on benches it is discussed what length and diameter this candle should be, how often you can put it,” a well-known children's doctor and TV presenter Yevgeny Komarovsky complains. “But, comrades, soap cannot be used for stuffing in the ass! If a child has problems with defecation, and you want to help him, then you can use a civilized medicine. It is called “candles with glycerin" and is sold in every pharmacy. Using soap for this purpose is not only unworthy, not civilized and wrong, but also dangerous. Soap contains a high concentration of alkali, which can irritate the rectal mucosa, bring to the formation of chemical burns and inflammation. "
Laundry soap for lactostasis
In folk medicine, there are tips for treating lactostasis. Women are recommended to cook the composition of milk, soap, honey and onions, and then apply to the breast as a warm compress.Using household soap, you can cleanse, but not treat, your chest
Official medicine warns nursing mothers: applying a compress to the chest, in addition to simple ice, is strictly prohibited. Any other option can cause not only increased inflammation and fever, but also clogged pores. As a result, pustular diseases.
But with a strong solution of laundry soap, you can treat the breast if you suspect the presence of pathogenic microflora on it.
Laundry soap for nail fungus
Soap has not only antibacterial, but also antimycotic properties. It cannot penetrate deep into the nail plate and cure all layers of the affected surface. But laundry soap is an excellent hygiene product in the event of:
- if the fungus is just starting
- for prevention, and not for treatment (for example, after visiting a bathhouse or pool)
- as part of complex therapy
If you are concerned about mycosis, you can make a warm bath (so that the nail plate is steamed), and then soap the sponge with soap and rub the problem area. The procedure can take up to 20 minutes.
Soap compress for arthritisCompresses are used to combat arthritis.
Laundry soap is used in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatic diseases. Soap is diluted with urine, make baths with soda and salt, mixed with sunflower oil. One of the most unusual recipes is a kerosene compress.
- Moisten the canvas in kerosene and squeeze well.
- On the one hand, rub the compress on the soap, but attach it to the sore spot with the other side.
- Keep until pleasant heat turns into a burning sensation.
- After that, remove the compress.
Laundry soap for insect bites
Soap is good for biting stinging insects. This is done to disinfect the wound. Itching does not relieve itching.
Ointment from laundry soap from abscesses
From boils in folk medicine, a honey cake with soap is used. To prepare it, you will need:
- 50 g honey
- 50 g of soap
- 50 g flour
- To cure an abscess, laundry soap must be mixed with honey
- Mix honey and soap in a water bath. Wait until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Add the flour to the composition so that a cake can be formed from this mass.
- Attach the cake to the abscess, cover with a band-aid and leave it overnight. By morning, the accumulated harmful substances will begin to come out, and the abscess will subside.
Can I wash dishes with household soap?
Laundry soap is an excellent detergent for washing dishes. This is especially true for children's dishes. We all heard frightening stories that ordinary products are poorly washed off plates, can get into our food and cause terrible diseases. All of this, of course, has not been proven. But laundry soap is perfectly washed off, it disinfects well and can remove unpleasant odors from dishes, for example, after fish or onions.
How to make liquid laundry soap from solid?
To make liquid laundry soap, just grate it and dilute it with boiling water to the desired consistency. In this case, the composition must constantly be stirred.To make the gel, you need to grate the soap and dilute with water
How to make dishwashing gel from laundry soap and soda?
If you want to prepare a dishwashing detergent, you can use this recipe:
- 1/2 cup grated soap
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ packs of soda
- citrus essential oil (optional)
- Mix the soap with boiling water and beat with a blender until a thick soapy foam forms.
- Add soda, essential oil and mix well. It should get air mass.
- After cooling, the mass settles and you get something like paste. It can be transferred to a convenient container and used as intended.
Can I wash with laundry soap?
Most often, laundry soap is used for washing. It is convenient to wash any stains with a regular bar before hand washing.
But, it turns out, it can also be used for automatic washing machines.
Laundry detergent and gel from laundry soap and soda
Only increased foaming, which is characteristic of handwash powders, is dangerous for washing machines. Laundry soap does not have this characteristic. The only “but”: if such soap is used with hard water, then it will create a layer of removed fat on the surfaces of the machine. To clean them, start the washing cycle with soda at the highest temperature. Or simply alternate washing with ordinary powder and laundry soap.Laundry soap does not harm the typewriter
By the way, soap is better to use as a gel. To do this, it is slightly diluted with boiling water. Soap shavings are too large and do not fit well into the openings of the washing machine.
Bleaching laundry with potassium permanganate and laundry soap
Mothers of babies adopted a bleach recipe from laundry soap and potassium permanganate.
- Thing need very lather
- Dilute potassium permanganate in a glass of water until a purple solution forms
- Soak things in a basin, and pour potassium permanganate there. Water must be warm
- After a couple of hours, you can rinse the snow-white diapers
A solution of household soap from pests in the garden in the country, from aphids and from spider mites in cucumbers
Summer residents often douse the plants with soap and water to get rid of the spider mite and aphids. To do this, dilute 150 g of soap in 10 liters of water. If there are not many plants, and they have large leaves, you can not douse them, but lather each leaf and stem. It will be even more effective.
Is it possible to wash a dog and a kitten with flea soap?Do not wash pets with soap too often
Laundry soap is a great way to get rid of fleas and thoroughly wash your pet's hair. But do not use it as a permanent hygiene product. It greatly violates the fat layer of pets, and can worsen the condition of the coat.
Many people notice that the use of household soap can make bugs disappear. But they disappear only for a short time. The fact is that bedbugs do not like pungent odors and scatter. But as soon as the smell of soap disappears, they appear again. Bedbug eggs cannot be destroyed with this product.
Catching catfish on laundry soap
Among the fishermen there are legends that you can catch catfish on laundry soap. To do this, cut a piece into thirds, thread a fishing line and catch it. There is no consensus among fishermen in this regard. Someone believes that this is a simple story.Fishing catfish for soap is one of the favorite fishing tales.
Soap bubbles from laundry soap
So that the soap bubbles are well inflated and do not burst for a long time, the composition should contain as few impurities as possible. In purchased solutions and toilet soap, there are almost always dyes and perfumes. Therefore, if you want to make bubbles at home, you need to use boiled water and laundry soap.
How to make laundry soap at home?
To make laundry soap, you first need to get lye.
- 2/3 of the pots are covered with ash from deciduous trees, and added to the top with water. Insist for three days, and then filter.
- Soap is cooked from the finished liquor. For 2 l take 1 kg of fat or oil. All this is cooked for 8 hours, while constantly interfering.
- The result is a liquid soap. If you want it to thicken, you can throw a handful of salt.
- In this case, the soap will separate. It needs to be caught and put into shape. After solidification - cut into whetstones.
Laundry soap: healing properties, benefits and harms
So, laundry soap is a great and cheap home remedy. To understand how you can simply and safely use it, you need to remember its basic properties:
- antibacterial effect
- antifungal effect
- lack of dyes and fragrances
- low allergenicity
- ability to wash off well
At the same time, it can become a source of big problems. To avoid them, you need to remember a few rules.
- You can not leave soap on the mucous membranes without rinsing.
- You can not use it for the skin too often, as it removes the protective lipid layer.
- Improper use of soap can cause overdrying of the skin and even chemical burns.